Re: Query regarding

From: dinesh kumar <dineshkumar02(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: M Tarkeshwar Rao <m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query regarding
Date: 2015-11-04 13:00:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 1:21 AM, M Tarkeshwar Rao <
m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have started to convert some oracle sql scripts and converting them to
> postgres, but facing some issues to create table.
>
> I have some common doubts in create table script ie.
>
> ALTER TABLE employee
> DROP PRIMARY KEY CASCADE;
>
> DROP employee CASCADE CONSTRAINTS;
>
> *CREATE TABLE *employee
> *(*
> * LABEL**_IMP** VARCHAR2(50 BYTE)*
> *)*
> *TABLESPACE DATA**_TB*
> *PCTUSED 0*
> *PCTFREE 10*

We need to use FILLFACTOR, which is an opposite setting of PCTFREE.

*INITRANS 1*
> *MAXTRANS 255*
> *STORAGE (*
> * INITIAL 5M*
> * NEXT 5M*
> * MINEXTENTS 1*
> * MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED*
> * PCTINCREASE 0*
> * BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT*
> * )*
> *LOGGING*

Default is LOGGED. We can specify UNLOGGED if we do not want to log trx
into WAL.

> *NOCOMPRESS*

Postgres supports column level storage support.

SET STORAGE { PLAIN | EXTERNAL | EXTENDED | MAIN }

*NOCACHE*

--

Regards,
Dinesh