Re: How to store the PSQL command result into an array or Python dictionary?

From: Yaser Raja <yrraja(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KhunSanAung(dot)GIS(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to store the PSQL command result into an array or Python dictionary?
Date: 2015-11-25 20:20:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

In PG 9.2 and above you can use the function row_to_json to get the result
as a JSON.

SELECT row_to_json(mytable) from myTable WHERE Country='Thailand' ;
row_to_json
{"id":2,"subcontinent":"South-East Asia","country":"Thailand"}
(1 row)

You should be able to use this JSON for further processing in Python.

Regards
Yaser