How to store the PSQL command result into an array or Python dictionary?

From: KhunSanAung <khunsanaung(dot)gis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to store the PSQL command result into an array or Python dictionary?
Date: 2015-11-25 03:55:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

I have a postgres database with 'myTable' having three columns as followed.

id

SubContinent

Country

1

South-East Asia

Indonesia

2

South-East Asia

Thailand

3

South-East Asia

Malaysia

4

South-East Asia

Singapore

5

South-East Asia

Philippines

6

South-East Asia

Vietnam

7

South-East Asia

Myanmar

8

South-East Asia

Brunei

9

South-East Asia

Cambodia

10

South-East Asia

Laos

11

South-East Asia

Timor Leste

I want to filter & select the table with some condition.

SELECT SubContinent, Country from myTable WHERE Country='Thailand' ;

Accessing to pgdatabase via Python is okay for me.

Using the PSQL command via Python, I would like to select the columns and
store the values in an array of dictionary like below.

dict= {'SubContinent': 'South-East Asia', 'Country': 'Thailand'};

How can I put the selection result into a Python dictionary?

Any help is highly appreciate.

Many thanks in advanced.

Best regards

--