Re: Add new COPY option REJECT_LIMIT

From: Kirill Reshke <reshkekirill(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>, zhjwpku(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add new COPY option REJECT_LIMIT
Date: 2024-07-22 17:06:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi! Nice feature.

Few comments:

> + When a positive integer value is specified, <command>COPY</command> limits
> + the maximum tolerable number of errors while converting a column's input
> + value into its data type.

If nothing is specified, then the maximum tolerable number of errors
is one, right? Should we state this explicitly in the documentation?

> +COPY x from stdin with (on_error ignore, reject_limit 0);
How about a test where reject_limit is a string, but not
(case-intensively) 'infinity'?

> + CopyRejectLimits reject_limits; /* thresholds of reject_limit */

Why are there multiple thresholds? Can we have only one?

Other places look good to me.