PostgreSQL hours

From: Sergey Konoplev <gray(dot)ru(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL hours
Date: 2013-09-05 02:38:03
Lists: sfpug

Hi all,

I have an idea of arranging a kind of PG hour meetups several times a
week where enthusiasts, like me, could gather together to answer
questions of visitors, help them with their tasks in real environment,
networking, and just to chat. Regarding this I have several questions
to discuss with the community:

1. What do you think about it, is worth doing at all? My thought is
that it would be nice to make a step from mailing to some verbal
things. For some people it would be very useful to have some kind of
micro-masterclasses around their problems.

2. Are there any similar experiences and how things are with them? I
know about MongoDB office hours where they do kind of the same.

3. When it would be better to arrange these meetups? I think about
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-7PM.

4. What kind of place it would be better to arrange them? May be
coffee shops or similar places that are not very crowded at this time
of day.

5. Any other thoughts?

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray(dot)ru(at)gmail(dot)com