Re: BUG #18027: Logical replication taking forever

From: Andres Martin del Campo Campos <andres(at)invisible(dot)email>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18027: Logical replication taking forever
Date: 2023-07-19 04:59:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thank you so much for replying, I'm really struggling here.

I ran out of space and I thought I could re-start it to see if it worked
but again it's been more than a day and it isn't showing.

I ran this query and it shows that the table is still copying:

*SELECT* s.subname *AS* subscription_name,

c.relnamespace::*regnamespace*::*text* *as* table_schema,

c.relname *as* table_name,

rel.srsublsn,

*case* rel.srsubstate

*when* 'i' *then* 'initialized'

*when* 'd' *then* 'copying'

*when* 's' *then* 'synchronized'

*when* 'r' *then* 'ready'

*end* *as* state

*FROM* pg_catalog.pg_subscription s

*JOIN* pg_catalog.pg_subscription_rel rel *ON* rel.srsubid = s.*oid*

*JOIN* pg_catalog.pg_class c *on* c.*oid* = rel.srrelid;

[image: image.png]

If I check the pg_stat_activity on the publication I also see the
backend_type = 'walsender'

[image: image.png]

In the publication the table size is 70G as you can see in the screenshot
below
[image: image.png]

but in the subscription, it's already 124G and still copying 😭 any
suggestions?
[image: image.png]

Thanks again for your support, Amit