Re: Out of memory running 560 MB query

From: Rajesh Madiwale <rajeshmadiwale65(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Morgan Ramsay <morgan(dot)ramsay(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Rosser Schwarz <rosser(dot)schwarz(at)gmail(dot)com>, PgSQL ADMIN <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Out of memory running 560 MB query
Date: 2014-09-15 04:47:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Morgan Ramsay <morgan(dot)ramsay(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Sorry, I was running the query on what appeared to be a cached copy of the
> old table—or something.
>

> After a reboot, everything seems to be working. The admin client wasn’t
> responding but now all of my data is there.
>

> With regard to the list, I wasn’t sure whether there was a .conf setting
> that limited the size of queries or whether there was a query size limit.

Hi,

I suspect this issue occured due to no proper configuration of parameter(
shared_buffer and maintenance_work_mem) in postgresql.conf file.
For greater insert/copy operation shared_buffer and maintenance_work_mem
parameters should be configured to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Rajesh Madiwale,
Database Administrator,
Shreeyansh Technologies.