Re: Out of memory running 560 MB query

From: "Morgan Ramsay" <morgan(dot)ramsay(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'Rosser Schwarz'" <rosser(dot)schwarz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "'PgSQL ADMIN'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Out of memory running 560 MB query
Date: 2014-09-15 00:53:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sorry, I was running the query on what appeared to be a cached copy of the old table—or something.

After a reboot, everything seems to be working. The admin client wasn’t responding but now all of my data is there.

With regard to the list, I wasn’t sure whether there was a .conf setting that limited the size of queries or whether there was a query size limit.

—Morgan