Re: GSSAPI / Kerberos Authentication

From: Bear Giles <bgiles(at)coyotesong(dot)com>
To: "Weingartner, Steven" <SWeingartner(at)semprautilities(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSSAPI / Kerberos Authentication
Date: 2016-06-02 22:43:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

I was just looking at the Kerberos support. Is your server principal
postgres/x(dot)y(dot)z(at)REALM, where x.y.z is the DNS name for your server? It
probably won't affect you but think it needs to be POSTGRES/x(dot)y(dot)z(at)REALM for
windows networks.

I'll have to check my notes for more details, e.g., I'm 99% sure it's
'postgres' and not 'postgresql'.

I know you need to use password authentication from the client - and the
username has to be simple (bob(at)REALM, not bob/postgres(at)REALM). I'll be
submitting a patch to support a keytab file and compound principals when I
have some free time.

Bear