GSSAPI / Kerberos Authentication

From: "Weingartner, Steven" <SWeingartner(at)semprautilities(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: GSSAPI / Kerberos Authentication
Date: 2016-06-02 22:23:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am currently trying to configure a Centos6.x - postgresql-9.3 server to authenticate using gssapi. I have several servers I have already configured and are working (a combination of Oracle Linux and Centos, all 6.x series with 9.2,3 or 4). Our company use vas for an interface to Kerberos, The errors I am getting are as follows:

[sweingar(at)pglgisprtd001 ~]$ psql -hpglgisprtd001 -dpostgres
psql: GSSAPI continuation error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor code may provide more information
GSSAPI continuation error: Server not found in Kerberos database

or from a windows client

C:\Users\sweingar>psql -hpglgisprtd001.sempra.com -Usweingar
psql: SSPI continuation error: The specified target is unknown or unreachable
(80090303)

I see nothing worthwhile in the postgresql log, nor in /var/log/messages. I have verified the dns record to my kdc works (or at least I can ping), I am sort of at a loss of where to look next.