[Pljava-dev] build/deploy question

From: bgiles at coyotesong(dot)com (Bear Giles)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] build/deploy question
Date: 2015-08-06 19:51:21
Lists: pljava-dev

I'm exploring wrapping pljava in a postgresql extension and have something
that loads it when I type 'create extension pljava' but it barfs when I try
to actually do something - it gives me 'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/postgresql/pljava/internal/Backend". I know I have the infrastructure
in place though since I can list the tables in the sqlj schema.

I built the .so using 'mvn install'. Do I need to do anything else? I tried
USE_GCJ=1 in front but that didn't change the size of the .so file.

BTW the control file specifies libjvm as a dependency. I added an entry to
/etc/ld.so.conf.d so my java8 shlib is on the search path.

This is postgresql 9.4.4 and Ubuntu 14.10? (utopic).

Bear

BTW I think I have figured out how to wrap subsequent jar files in an
extension as well. I can't be sure since I get that error when I execute
them but the pgxn makefile is putting everything in the right place.