Re: Bug #6337

From: Rahul Shirsat <rahul(dot)shirsat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug #6337
Date: 2021-07-06 08:29:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Team,

Thank you Dave for analysing & providing the requirement for this issue.
Please find below scenarios which I have compiled.

*For INTERNAL USERS*, they would be able to reset login attempts by:

1. *Resetting password via reset link* - User has to reset password by
their own (this won't work for undeliverable email ids)

2. *Resetting only login attempts* - Admin will be able to reset only login
attempts of a particular user, so that user would try again to login with
the same password.

3. *Resetting login attempts with reset password* - Admin will reset
password, and will share it with the user. Users would be able to login
with this new password again.

I feel the 1st & 3rd options are reliable and good to go.

A still or wireframe for user management for Admin:

[image: user_unlock_1.png]

*For LDAP & KERBEROS:*

As per my understanding, we don't provide reset passwords for LDAP &
KERBEROS, so we can't lock those users, and let users be allowed to attempt
login as we have it currently.

Let me know if this works.

--
*Rahul Shirsat*
Senior Software Engineer | EnterpriseDB Corporation.