Re: Bug #6337

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Florian Sabonchi <sabonchi(at)posteo(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug #6337
Date: 2021-05-26 12:46:05
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 1:40 PM Florian Sabonchi <sabonchi(at)posteo(dot)de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is someone already working on ticket #6337 or can I start working on it?
>
> https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/6337

Not as far as I know. Please feel free to work on it.

Do you have a design in mind? I would suggest maybe adding a
"login_attempts" column to the user table in the config database, and
having a parameter in config.py to define the maximum number of login
attempts allowed. login_attempts would be incremented for every failed
login, and set to zero for a successful one. If it's value is >= to the
maximum in the config, login would be denied. There would also need to be
changes to the user management dialogue to show the status for each user,
and reset them.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page