Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

From: Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design
Date: 2023-08-06 07:51:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Aditya,
On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 at 09:32, Aditya Toshniwal <
aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote

> Because it is the default behaviour of streaming. You can add a prop
> reverse=true to StreamingChart and change the code ret.reverse(); based
> on condition.

So basically, you are suggesting to add one additional property to the
streaming chart, right? Based on its value, apply ret.reverse(). This means
if reverse is true, apply ret.reverse(), otherwise don't. But it is
required to reverse our data every time, otherwise, I believe the most
recent data point will be at the beginning of our plot.
I've tried one more approach here. If our data array is full, this graph
shifting won't happen. So, if we initialize our data list with null values,
there won't be any visible shift. What do you think about this solution?

Unrelated to this, I think instead of showing disk sizes in bytes you can
> show them in a human readable format like below used in Statistics tab of
> Tables collection node.

Sure I'll do this!