Re: PgbackRest : Stanza creation fails on DB Server and Repo Server

From: KK CHN <kkchn(dot)in(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amitabh Kant <amitabhkant(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgbackRest : Stanza creation fails on DB Server and Repo Server
Date: 2024-08-29 04:57:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you all for the great help ..

I couldn't get a chance to Restart the DB Cluster after making the
changes highlighted. Correct me if I am wrong ( production server, down
time requested. ) after editing the pg_hba.conf on DB server as
follows
local all all trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
host all all 10.0.0.0/8 md5

# IPv6 local connections:
host all all ::1/128 md5
# Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the
# replication privilege.
local replication all peer
#local replication all md5
host replication all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
host replication all ::1/128 md5
host replication all 10.0.0.0/8 md5
[root(at)db1 edb]#

But a work around seems worked as follows :

[root(at)db1 edb]# cat .pgpass
*:*:replication:enterprisedb:my_password

changed to

[root(at)db1 edb]# cat .pgpass
*:*:*:enterprisedb:password

For those struggling with this issue this may help ...

on the DB server's enterprisedb user's home directory ( Here it is
/var/lib/edb/ )

[root(at)db1 edb]# cat .pgpass
*:*:*:enterprisedb:password
[root(at)db1 edb]# ls -al .pgpass