WAL replication from an Old Production server

From: KK CHN <kkchn(dot)in(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WAL replication from an Old Production server
Date: 2022-12-13 10:16:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

List,

I have to perform WAL Streaming replication configuration for

An existing small production server with 600 GB of size grown over for
two years. There is no WAL replication in place configured as of now.

2. If I want to perform WAL replication to a new Standby Server
How to copy the 600 GB of DB data to Standby? OR when we configure
the WAL replication attributes on primary and standby will the Standby
automatically copy all the 600 GB data to the defined WAL archive dir ?

Or Do I need to manually copy the data directory of primary by SCP over NW
or by copying the data directory of Primary to a USB disk and manually
copy to the WAL archive_dir folder defined in the standby ? What method
to follow ? why?

3. In WAL streaming replication what ports/protocols are used for copying
the data directory of primary to archive_dir of standby server and for
Streaming ?

yours,
Krishane