Reading VARTAT EXTERNAL ONDISK value from logical replication decoder

From: Adam Dratwiński <adam(dot)dratwinski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Reading VARTAT EXTERNAL ONDISK value from logical replication decoder
Date: 2017-01-27 11:12:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everyone,

In my application I am using this logical replication decoder:

https://github.com/xstevens/decoderbufs

A year ago I had a problem with some values being nil due to not
implemented decoding of EXTERNAL ONDISK values. I managed to hotfix it, it
kind of work until now.

Could someone more experienced help me to decode this value? I am talking
about this part of code:

https://github.com/xstevens/decoderbufs/blob/master/src/decoderbufs.c#L527-L528

Cheers
Adam