Re: Question slow query

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Question slow query
Date: 2017-01-27 11:01:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1/16/2017 11:27 AM, Patrick B wrote:

> Sorry about that.. just wanted to understand how to index a timestamp
> column. I was able to do this way:
>

> CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY ON note (timezone('Etc/UTC'::text, d_date));

why did you prefix your index with timezone('etc/UTC'::text ??? that
doesn't make sense to me at all. is timezone() some function you've
defined? I'm not aware of any built in function by that name.

create index concurrently on table(columnname); should index a
timestamp column, the same as any other column.

you still haven't told us what query it is thats taking 25 seconds.