ACL error with 4.18

From: Malik Rumi <malik(dot)a(dot)rumi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ACL error with 4.18
Date: 2020-02-07 20:56:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

I just upgraded from 2.0. That's a big leap, so I fully expected issues,
with my learning curve if not with the software itself. But to my delight
everything seems to be in the same places and work the same way, and the
interface is much nicer, too.

My one issue (so far) is this warning I got on calling pga4 from the
command line:

"WARNING: Failed to set ACL on the directory containing the configuration
database: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/var/lib/pgadmin'"

In all of Google, there is only one exact match for this search query. It
is only 3 weeks old but it is not in English. What I see elsewhere all
seems to relate to using containers like Docker, which I do not. Further,
this does not seem to be an OS error, so I don't think chown is called for.
My search in the pga4 documentation came up empty for 'acl' and 'access
control list'. It was at that point I decided to post here, before I did
something a) silly b) unnecessary c) even worse.

Q:
1. Is this warning only for containerization, so I can safely ignore it?
2. If not, how / where do i fix it?

Thanks.

*“None of you has faith until he loves for his brother or his neighbor what
he loves for himself.”*