Re: ACL error with 4.18

From: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Malik Rumi <malik(dot)a(dot)rumi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ACL error with 4.18
Date: 2020-02-10 05:16:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 2:27 AM Malik Rumi <malik(dot)a(dot)rumi(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I just upgraded from 2.0. That's a big leap, so I fully expected issues,
> with my learning curve if not with the software itself. But to my delight
> everything seems to be in the same places and work the same way, and the
> interface is much nicer, too.
>
> My one issue (so far) is this warning I got on calling pga4 from the
> command line:
>
> "WARNING: Failed to set ACL on the directory containing the configuration
> database: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/var/lib/pgadmin'"
>

> Looks like you have deployed pgAdmin 4 in the server mode
and '/var/lib/pgadmin' is the default storage directory for the server
mode.
There are 2 options, either you can set the appropriate permissions
on /var/lib/pgadmin or you can change this setting by overriding this
config param. To override the config params, please refer,
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/4.18/config_py.html

Thanks,
Khushboo