Re: Failing to known state

From: oleg yusim <olegyusim(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failing to known state
Date: 2016-01-06 00:12:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Adrian,

I meant a scenario, when user is trying to connect to database (doesn't
matter what interface) and database fails at this moment. If all
authentication/authorization/validation functions are written to return
false in case of abnormal termination, we are fine. If not, we can
potentially encounter the situation when database fails into state where
user is given greater privileges than he/she should or even authenticated,
when he/she shouldn't.

Thanks,

Oleg