Re: [RM2074][[RM2080]][pgAdmin4] handle large bytea and bytea[] data in datagrid

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Harshal Dhumal <harshal(dot)dhumal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RM2074][[RM2080]][pgAdmin4] handle large bytea and bytea[] data in datagrid
Date: 2017-07-14 13:53:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Harshal,

This broke the fetching trigger function parameters logic, take a look at
raise_a_notice() function parameter in screenshot.

In my opinion we just can't just blindly convert everything to place
holder, what if user wants to perform some operation on bytea column like
we are doing in web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/
schemas/tables/templates/trigger/sql/default/properties.sql to fetch these
arguments?

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Regards,