Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to provide custom SSL certificates and provide .pgpass file

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to provide custom SSL certificates and provide .pgpass file
Date: 2017-08-25 13:45:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Please find updated patch,
- For displaying hidden files I have added preference option in Storage
section.
- Updated Docs & Screenshots.
- User can use 'prefer' option to enable SSL options.

Please review.

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala

[image: https://community.postgresrocks.net/]
<https://community.postgresrocks.net/>

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:02 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
>> murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> PFA patch to allow user to provide custom path for SSL certificates and
>>> also allow user to pass .pgpass file when making server connection.
>>> RM#2649
>>> RM#2650
>>>
>>> *SSL certificates options reference:*
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/libpq-connect.html
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/ssl-tcp.html
>>>
>>> *.pgpass file reference:*
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/libpq-pgpass.html
>>>

>> Nice! A few comments:
>>
>> - Should we enable the certificate options for "Prefer" mode? What did we
>> do in pgAdmin 3?
>>
> ​In pgAdmin3, all SSL options are enabled for each mode.​
> Yes, we should also consider 'prefer' mode.
>

>> - We need a doc update :-). Please include updates to all the screenshots
>> on the relevant page, to ensure they all show the right tabs.
>>
> ​Sure​, will sent it in next patch.
>

>> - I think the file browser needs an option to view hidden files/folders.
>> Typically a pgpass file is at ~/.pgpass on *nix systems, and certificates
>> are likely to be stored in ~/.ssh.
>>
> ​Let me check the file manager code, I will update on this.​
>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM_2649_2650_v1.patch application/octet-stream 456.0 KB