Re: Problem with shortcut

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Charles Beaudette <charles(dot)beaudette(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with shortcut
Date: 2017-10-08 10:06:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Charles Beaudette <
charles(dot)beaudette(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed the new version of PGAdmin 4 (v 2.0) on Windows 10 and I
> find it quick and responsive ! However, when trying to add a right angle
> bracket (on my actual keyboard configuration, canadian multilingual
> standard, it is mapped to alt + .) it uncomments the selected line of code,
> which should be the ctrl + . shortcut according to the official
> documentation. It is quite annoying and I was wondering if it was intended
> to be so ?

What I found is, Right angle bracket is not mapped to
Alt + .
​​

but
​ to ​
Ctl + Alt + .
on canadian multilingual standard keyboard.
In JavaScript when the key press event is triggered we check for key
combinations to take appropriate action, In your particular use case it is
matching to
Ctl + . ​
​ ​
key
binding which is for uncommenting inline code.

The logic to handle key press event is,
If(
event.ctrlKey
​ &&​
event.keyCode =
​=​
=
​PERIOD_KEY) {
...uncomment code...
}

By the way, I was able to reproduce the issue without ​canadian
multilingual standard keyboard
​ layout​
, just by pressing Ctl + Alt + . on query tool.

Please report this issue here
<https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4>

> Thank you for your time,
>
> Charles Beaudette