Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to provide custom SSL certificates and provide .pgpass file

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to provide custom SSL certificates and provide .pgpass file
Date: 2017-08-30 05:49:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch with new screenshots and docs accordingly.

RM
​#​
2649
​ & RM#​
2650

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 2:45 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
> murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Please find updated patch,
>> - For displaying hidden files I have added preference option in Storage
>> section.
>>

> How painful would it be to include it on the file dialogue as well?

​Done​

>> - Updated Docs & Screenshots.
>> - User can use 'prefer' option to enable SSL options.
>>

> Cool.
>
> A couple of other things I realised in playing with this:
>
> 1) The SSL tab should come before Advanced I think.

​Done​

> 2) The docs now mention the default SSL files. In server mode, using
> defaults is probably a bad idea I suspect (because they would be shared).
> Should we force the values to /dev/null (and whatever is appropriate on
> Windows) if running in server mode? Users can always override that with
> something from their storage area.
>
> Thoughts?

​In my opinion we should not ​force users to provide certificates, we can
let them decide how they want to configure it.

> Thanks.
> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

​Regards,
Murtuza​ Z

Attachment Content-Type Size
add_ssl_config_v3.patch application/octet-stream 480.9 KB