Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Use 'sys.executable' to get the absolute path of the

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 4 commit: Use 'sys.executable' to get the absolute path of the
Date: 2021-02-09 14:45:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 7:37 PM Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi Murtuza/Hackers
>
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 4:51 PM Murtuza Zabuawala <
> murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It will break the WSGI.
>>

> I have tested pgAdmin4 using the following combination:
>
> - Python wheel package + Apache (WSGI) on Ubuntu 18.04 (Fresh VM)
> - APT https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgadmin-4-apt/ on Ubuntu 18.04
> (Fresh VM)
>
> I have made the code changes after installation, use sys.executable,
> and then restart the apache in both the above test scenario. All the
> utilities(Backup, Maintainance, etc...) working absolutely fine. Please
> refer to the below screenshot
>
> [image: pgAdmin_APT.png]
>
> Am I missing some scenario? If any specific test scenario that I missed
> please let me know so that I'll figure out some solution.

I don't remember the exact scenario/steps but AFAIR we rewrote that logic
to handle scenario when we run pgAdmin4 under WSGI and/or on Windows, It
was using the wrong python path to execute the process executor.
-- Murtuza