pg_xlogfile_name for PostgreSQL 8.0

From: girish R G peetle <giri(dot)anamika0(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_xlogfile_name for PostgreSQL 8.0
Date: 2013-06-25 07:03:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi ,
On PostgreSQL 8.0, I need to convert output of pg_start_backup /
pg_stop_backup to transaction log file name. In the the latest versions we
have pg_xlogfile_name function to do this, but 8.0 there is not function to
achieve this.

Is it possible to export pg_xlogfile_name function from the latest
versions(8.2+) and import it to PostgreSQL 8.0 server ?

I couldn't find any information regrading getting a dump of system function
in PostgreSQL documentation.

Thanks
Girish