Re: pg_xlogfile_name for PostgreSQL 8.0

From: girish R G peetle <giri(dot)anamika0(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_xlogfile_name for PostgreSQL 8.0
Date: 2013-06-25 10:57:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks Laurenz Albe.
backup_label (after execting pg_start_backup) will have the start
transaction log file information, I can this use this file to extract the
current time line ID.
Also I guess the time line ID will be changed only when server is
recovered. So, I can safely use the same Time Line ID extracted from
backup_label to formulate the transaction log file from the output of
pg_stop_backup also.