Re: Trigger bug ?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PegoraroF10 <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trigger bug ?
Date: 2019-05-22 22:28:37
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 3:21 PM PegoraroF10 <marcos(at)f10(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:

> Try to create exactly what I sent you and you´ll see null values on that
> pk.

You should probably submit self-contained examples if you need the user to
do this.

> And that occurs just because that trigger was created without EACH
> ROW/STATEMENT.

> So, my question is, PG should return an error and not create that trigger

because ROW/STATEMENT was not specified, correct ?

PostgreSQL doesn't inspect the called function to see if it is written
correctly for a given invocation of CREATE TRIGGER. So, no, given that
your command was syntactically valid PostgreSQL doesn't have any reason to
return an error.

David J.