Re: ERROR: type " " does not exist

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: type " " does not exist
Date: 2017-06-12 20:28:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Alexander Farber <
alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> ERROR: type " " does not exist at character 149

​Nothing shown would explain what you are seeing. Of course, white-space
issues are really hard to communicate via email.

As a brute-force suggestion I'd say you want to re-write the function one
statement at a time to confirm that, one, you are indeed calling the
correct function body, and, two figure out the exact statement that is
problematic. I'd do this via copy-paste until the problem statement
appears then I'd re-type in the problem statement by hand.

There are probably more efficient ways to do all this but given a lack of
experience and a relatively small function I'd spend more effort trying to
figure out a better way than just doing it brute force.

David J.