Re: ERROR: type " " does not exist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: type " " does not exist
Date: 2017-06-12 20:28:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Alexander Farber <alexander(dot)farber(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Why does PostgreSQL 9.5.4 print the error:
> ERROR: type " " does not exist at character 149

Hmph. Works for me, after reverse-engineering some tables and sample
data. Maybe your actual function text contains some non-breaking spaces,
or other weird stuff that didn't show up in your email? I find it a bit
fishy that it looks like there's two spaces after "resigned at the score"
in your function text, but only one in the error message.