Re: Possible bug report

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Milos Musicki <mmusicki(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Possible bug report
Date: 2022-01-07 01:30:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thursday, January 6, 2022, Milos Musicki <mmusicki(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello, Miles Musicki here from Michigan, US.
> I think I found a bug in PG 13.4, or at least I can't find a reason why it
> would behave this way.
>
> My question, as well as explanation what I did to avoid the behavior, is
> displayed here.
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70614464/postgresql-
> insert-into-on-conflict-column-name-is-ambiguous
>
> It has to do with INSERT INTO statement when using ON CONFLICT.

Thank you for the report - though we prefer that bug reports be
self-contained when sent to us.

This unexpected interaction between pl/pgsql and the on conflict clause is
known to us (recent thread links below). There are presently no plans in
place to make a behavioral change to this code; users are advised to use
one of a number of possible work-arounds to avoid the reported ambiguity
error.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/2A512572-5AE4-4072-9C04-C746C9E67F56%40gmail.com
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/61A7CB18(dot)20091(dot)3401B246(at)Jenda(dot)Krynicky(dot)cz

David J.