Re: Transaction Size in PostgreSQL

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sivasamy Subramaniam <sivasamyinfo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Transaction Size in PostgreSQL
Date: 2021-12-07 13:00:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Monday, December 6, 2021, Sivasamy Subramaniam <sivasamyinfo(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Transaction size meaning, for example - any transaction over 1GB in size?
> I am looking to set up an alert if any massive data changes are happening
> in a single transaction. I can do it for long running transactions or query
> but trying to figure out any easy way to calculate the amount of data
> changes per transaction.

So if you truncate a 4GB table you want to know about it? I’m reasonably
confident PostgreSQL does not have the tools needed to accomplish your goal
at 100%. You can possibly pick up some subset though if you really want…

David J.