Re: Suppress 'duplicate key' at errorlog?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Rossi, Maria" <maria(dot)rossi(at)us(dot)pgds(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Suppress 'duplicate key' at errorlog?
Date: 2015-03-30 22:41:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Rossi, Maria <maria(dot)rossi(at)us(dot)pgds(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Is there a way to suppress a ‘duplicate key’ msg from the errorlog? Due
> to a bug in a 3rd party application, this keeps on appearing and I am
> concerned that it will fill up the filesystem. I can delete the old
> errorlog, but if there is any other meaningful msgs out there, I would
> lose that too.
>

> Thanks.
>

> *Maria *

Not in any way that doesn't also entail the "but if there is any other
meaningful msgs out there, I would lose that too." risk.

Stop thinking about the limited problem of removing the excessive messages
and just learn how to deal with high-volume log situations generally. At
worse you could a simple log rotation and archive with a cleanup "sed"
script that deletes these messages. Suggest setting "application_name" in
order to be more targeted.

David J.​