Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Thomas Kellerer <shammat(at)gmx(dot)net>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New "function tables" in V13 documentation
Date: 2020-11-09 20:36:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 1:33 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
wrote:

> > If you have suggestion on how to improve the new format, I'm sure we can
> > discuss that. It seems pretty clear to me that we're not going back to
> > the old format.
>
> Improve it by going back to old format. Not sure why that is not open to
> discussion?

More usefully, the current format and content changes are not going to be
"reverted" so "going back" is not really an option. If you want to propose
a patch for moving forward to a new format that is similar to the old one
while retaining the content changes that would be a possible way forward.

David J.