Re: Best practices for aggregate table design

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: droberts <david(dot)roberts(at)riverbed(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Best practices for aggregate table design
Date: 2015-10-08 21:16:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Nabble has a "quote" feature - please use it.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM, droberts <david(dot)roberts(at)riverbed(dot)com> wrote:

> I haven't but wouldn't it be better to wait and just add new columns
> if/when
> I need to?

​Its worth keeping in the back of your mind but I tend to think that
choosing hstore in order to "be flexible" is a solution looking for a
problem. The dynamics between your system and the source system will play
a large role in determining whether to use a mini-table-within-a-table in
your model.

David J.