Re: Any undocumented catalog changes remaining for v10?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Neil Anderson <neil(at)postgrescompare(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Any undocumented catalog changes remaining for v10?
Date: 2017-05-24 16:29:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Neil Anderson <neil(at)postgrescompare(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am writing a blog post about changes to the catalogs between v9.6.3
> and the upcoming v10. I've diffed the catalogs.sgml and it looks
> pretty informative so far, see
> https://gist.github.com/sql-migrate/8e87214cc3127ba52fc93a589f040425.
>
> I'm not too familiar with the release cycle and whether or not I can
> expect a lot of changes to the docs between now and release time for
> v10?

​Feature freeze is in effect and we have a Beta release out. Major bugs or
major usability issues are the only things that would cause any change to
the catalogs at this point and there likely won't be many, if any, of those
(at least not ones that necessitate catalog changes - must discoveries at
this point end up being implementation details).

David J.