Re: Script and tool to monitoring sessions

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: abdujaparov <afmulone(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Script and tool to monitoring sessions
Date: 2015-09-24 14:50:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:39 AM, abdujaparov <afmulone(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> This is my problem.
>

> We must load a lot of data in a postgresql database.
>
> We tried to load 380000 rows in a not partitioned table on postgresql. To
> load this data we spent about 1,5 hours. The table has a serial field and
> the sequence cache is 10000.
>
> After that we tried to load the same rows (380000) on a partitioned table.
> To load data we spent about 2,5 hours. The table is the same (serial filed
> and sequence cache is 10000). Following the postgresql manual to implement
> partitioning I created a father table, child tables, function to insert
> data
> in the correct child table and the trigger that calls the function.
>
> In each cases I must monitor sessions on postgresql and I do not know how
> monitor.

​The documentation chapter titled: "​
Monitoring Database Activity
​" would seem like a good place to start.

​Specificially:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/monitoring-stats.html

The first view listed in that section is the main one for discovering what
is currently running.

SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity;

​David J.​