Re: Script and tool to monitoring sessions

From: abdujaparov <afmulone(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Script and tool to monitoring sessions
Date: 2015-09-24 14:39:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

This is my problem.

We must load a lot of data in a postgresql database.

We tried to load 380000 rows in a not partitioned table on postgresql. To
load this data we spent about 1,5 hours. The table has a serial field and
the sequence cache is 10000.

After that we tried to load the same rows (380000) on a partitioned table.
To load data we spent about 2,5 hours. The table is the same (serial filed
and sequence cache is 10000). Following the postgresql manual to implement
partitioning I created a father table, child tables, function to insert data
in the correct child table and the trigger that calls the function.

In each cases I must monitor sessions on postgresql and I do not know how to
monitor.

Regards,
Angelo