Re: Discard All in pgbouncer

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Discard All in pgbouncer
Date: 2023-10-09 14:52:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Monday, October 9, 2023, Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> If I have set Max conn in db as 250....do I have to set the same in
> pgbouncer?

You need to read the pgbouncer configuration settings again and ask
specific questions about specific settings that you don’t understand.

But, no, your configuration of pgbouncer and PostgreSQL are related but
independent and you need to make choice for all three interfaces that exist
in such a setup - application-pgbouncer, pgbouncer-internal,
world-to-PostgreSQL (pgbouncer being part of the “world” from PostgreSQL’s
perspective)

David J.