Re: Discard All in pgbouncer

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Discard All in pgbouncer
Date: 2023-10-09 15:39:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

You're */still/* missing the point.  If pgbouncer doesn't need to use a
connection, then... it's going to sit there "idle". That's what "idle" means!

What we haven't explicitly stated, but implied, is that pg_stat_activity
*does not* clear the query field when the status = 'idle'.  Thus, as we've
said before, DISCARD ALL /*was*//**/ the last statement to be executed.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.