Re: COPY from STDIN vs file with large CSVs

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Indirani Venkopa Chetty <ivchetty(at)crosslinktax(dot)com>
Cc: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY from STDIN vs file with large CSVs
Date: 2020-01-08 18:33:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 9:31 AM Indirani Venkopa Chetty <
ivchetty(at)crosslinktax(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Wells,
>
> I am trying import CSV file in to Amazon RDS PostgreSQL
>
> I am getting following error , In internal PostgreSQL it works

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-copy.html

"COPY with a file name instructs the PostgreSQL server to directly read
from or write to a file." - i.e., Even had the server accepted your
command it wasn't going to find your file.

Use either psql's "\copy" meta command or "COPY FROM STDIN" (search around
for the needed syntax to make that work).

David J.