Re: failed to execute the psql case statement which has the function call.

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sagar jadhav <sagarjdhv5(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Nikhil Ingale <niks(dot)bgm(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: failed to execute the psql case statement which has the function call.
Date: 2022-04-05 13:53:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 6:47 AM sagar jadhav <sagarjdhv5(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Use single quotes ('attribute') for variable in function.

That just produces the literal variable - it doesn't cause a substitution
of the variable's value into the query. And if the position of usage does
need a column identifier it still will produce a syntax error.

But the error fragment shown suggests that the query shouldn't be expecting
a column name (contrary to my earlier point), so we are back to having to
see the entire function definition (or a reproducible example) to provide
an answer. Spelling typo comes to mind.

David J.