Re: failed to execute the psql case statement which has the function call.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: sagar jadhav <sagarjdhv5(at)gmail(dot)com>, Nikhil Ingale <niks(dot)bgm(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: failed to execute the psql case statement which has the function call.
Date: 2022-04-05 14:10:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

"David G. Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> But the error fragment shown suggests that the query shouldn't be expecting
> a column name (contrary to my earlier point), so we are back to having to
> see the entire function definition (or a reproducible example) to provide
> an answer. Spelling typo comes to mind.

I'm wondering if there's an actual function involved at all.
Maybe the OP is just writing this in a psql script and wanting
to substitute a psql variable. In that case something like
:'variable' might be the solution.

Bottom line is the same though: we need to see a lot more context
than we've been shown.