Re: Replaying xlogs from beginning

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: otheus uibk <otheus(dot)uibk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replaying xlogs from beginning
Date: 2016-02-17 16:23:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 9:16 AM, otheus uibk <otheus(dot)uibk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I came up with an answer to the _second_ question (how do I do this from a
> new instance?).
> ​[...]
> Again, this worked for me. What I want to be sure of is: does this really
> work?

​I cannot definitively answer the question but it you can get the system to
boot and the data looks good what I would do is pg_dump the result and then
pg_restore is back into a clean cluster.​

And I still want to know: can I do this without creating a new instance?

​Someone considerably more informed than I would need to answer this.

David J.