Re: 31.7.1. Initial Snapshot

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: splarv(at)ya(dot)ru, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 31.7.1. Initial Snapshot
Date: 2023-10-11 16:45:57
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 9:41 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
wrote:

> Maybe a fix for this would be to style chapter TOCs in some way that
> makes it clear that they are TOCs -- for example, add a (subtly) visible
> bounding box, or something. Or maybe if a chapter has a single section,
> just do not print the TOC at all. I have no idea how to implement such
> a fix, or whether it'd be really acceptable after all.

Or move 4 paragraphs of introductory material into its own section so that
there are two sections and a brief sentence for an intro.

I don't see a special case for a single section to be a productive use of
time. Improved formatting overall for the chapter ToC has merit.

David J.