Re: Will there ever be support for Row Level Security on Materialized Views?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ken Tanzer <ken(dot)tanzer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Will there ever be support for Row Level Security on Materialized Views?
Date: 2018-08-27 23:19:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 4:06 PM, Ken Tanzer <ken(dot)tanzer(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> People on this list generally seem pretty generous in spirit and sharing
> of their knowledge, insights and opinions. It seemed a pretty reasonable
> and typical question to ask. I guess if there's no answer to be had, then
> so be it!

You asked the question in a manner where the obvious reactions are: Reply
Affirmative: "Yes, I am planning/working on that right now" or Do Nothing:
"I'm not going to respond because while I'm not aware of any work in this
area I have no clue what others might or might not be planning/doing in
this area before the heat death of the universe (a reasonably close
approximation of "ever")".

Since most things are theoretically possible a flat out - "no that will
never happen is unlikely".

David J.