Re: Postgres 9.5.2 upgrade to 9.6

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michelle Schwan <mschwan(at)opentext(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 9.5.2 upgrade to 9.6
Date: 2016-06-22 18:42:22
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Michelle Schwan <mschwan(at)opentext(dot)com>
wrote:

> I have a question about the upgrade from 9.5.2 to 9.6
>

> I know 9.6 is still in beta – but I’m trying to be ahead of the game!
>

> I found instructions on how to move from 9.4 to 9.5. I will try testing
> these steps with 9.5 to 9.6
>

> However, I was wondering if there is a “nicer” way to upgrade – similar to
> the GUI installation. I want to be able to have a “nice” recommendation
> for our clients when we request that they upgrade! I would like this for
> the Major1 and Major2 updates.
>

> Is this possible or even available now?

​That would depend largely on your O/S and, related, installation method.

You mention you found instructions. It would help if you disclosed them so
we have some baseline understanding of your existing knowledge.

David J.