Re: Linux OOM killer

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ariel Tejera <artejera(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux OOM killer
Date: 2024-10-01 19:00:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Oct 1, 2024 at 11:44 AM Ariel Tejera <artejera(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> We were able to fix this problem adjusting the server configuration with:
> enable_memoize = off
>
> Our Postgres version is 14.5

Which is over two years out-of-date. As this is apparently reproducible
I'm sure someone here will try, but reporting bugs against out-of-support
versions is not the best idea. Better to confirm they still exist on
current versions yourself before reporting.

> The issue was internally documented in this link:
>
> Postgres failure 2024-09-20
> <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FkHAqVkPmC_jT6ugYEsGX0ZrzXMMLSMarf_8V02E2qg>

Please send any such material inline with the email so it survives in the
archive.

David J.