RC1 Release Announcement Page Content Oddity

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RC1 Release Announcement Page Content Oddity
Date: 2017-09-21 18:41:46
Lists: pgsql-www

Reading https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1783/ I came across:

"It contains fixes for all known issues found during testing, so users
should test and report any issues that they find."

This sounds kinda odd on its own but isn't bad. But later on we say:

"Note that some known issues remain unfixed. Before reporting a bug in the
release candidate, please check the Open Items page."

Given the odd wording, and the direct later contradiction, I'd say we
should consider just removing the first sentence. Or at least just making
it a direct request for more testing, and maybe confirmation testing
previously reported issues.

David J.